Accessing information systems with elevated user privileges greatly increases the risks of security incidents and of unintended and/or detrimental changes to system configurations.
Under normal operating situations, End Users should have restricted access to the SAP production environment and a business user’s access should be based on SAP Roles. However, system problems may require Basis or Functional personnel to have extraordinary access to resolve an issue that affects a mission-critical business function. Emergency IDs with high levels of access are often assigned to provide immediate resolution and to address problems that occur after normal working hours.
There are situations in which End users, Functional and basis users—all with extensive knowledge of the system and, in many cases, the business processes and related controls—obtain extensive system access for hours and even days to address system issues or to perform required improvements. In some cases, adequate controls to detect instances of unauthorized business transactions and access to sensitive information are not in place. This also has a negative impact on regulatory and compliance requirements, such as the US Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), or the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), that could have costly consequences for the enterprise.
- SAP Compliance by Granting the Access like SAP Firefighter in a Separate User ID but traceable to Original User ID
- Monitors use of Elevated Access Privileges
- Automates Elevated Access process like SAP Firefighter and transfers the ownership to relevant teams
- Can Assign Owners and Auditors to alert the transaction executed.
- Tracks actions performed while privileged access is being used
- Provides detailed report for Validation and Confirmation by Internal Auditors for SAP Compliance